Are you intrigued by functional lab testing and wondering where to start? Know that something is off in your body and want to know how lab testing can help you dig deeper? Want to know how functional testing and conventional testing differ and how you can get the most out of your doctor visit? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki discuss functional lab testing from micronutrient to food sensitivity to stool testing and beyond. Learn about the hows and whys of testing, how functional ranges differ from conventional reference ranges and how it can be used to determine root cause.
In this episode, Ali and Becki describe the various functional medicine lab tests they use in clinic every day. From detection of pathogens with a stool test to screening for food sensitivities to unearthing micronutrient deficiencies or hormonal imbalances, learn how functional medicine approaches lab testing differently than conventional doctors and looks for root cause versus simply screening for a diagnosis. Hear about common misses with conventional testing and how getting a more complete look can provide symptom or disease resolution. Plus, Ali and Becki work through several real patient cases and describe lab interventions in each case to give you a better idea of where to start on your own journey!
Also in this Episode:
- What is Functional Lab Testing
- Specimen Types
- Comparing TSH vs. Complete Thyroid Panel
- Total Cholesterol vs. Lipoprotein Particle Size
- Food Sensitivity Testing vs. IgG Only
- Top Tests to Ask Your Doctor For
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- Vitamin D
- Fasting Insulin
- Lipoprotein Particle Size
- Note: The majority of these are assessed in our Weight Loss Plus Panel
- Access to Our Functional Lab Testing – Read About All Labs We Offer Here
This episode is sponsored by Bonafide Provisions, makers of TRUE bone broth found in the frozen section of your grocery store. Use code ALIMILLERRD for 20% off.