Are you sick of all the cholesterol misinformation out there? Want definitive answers on why cholesterol is NOT the enemy? Just straight up confused about cholesterol in the diet and its link to heart disease? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki rip the circulating cholesterol myths to shreds in this information-packed episode. Learn what current research says about cholesterol, how it can actually be protective and what it can mean if your cholesterol goes up out of the blue!
In this episode, Ali and Becki debunk the diet and cholesterol connection and explain why high cholesterol on its own is not and never has been a risk factor for heart disease. In fact, cholesterol is a necessary compound produced by the body whether we consume it in the diet or not! Learn about the many redeeming aspects of cholesterol from its role in building hormones to immune function to how it acts as an antioxidant in the body and brain. Plus, learn why cholesterol may go up on keto and how a sudden change in cholesterol might mean your sexual hormones or thyroid need attention!
Also in this Episode:
- Adrenal Rehab Presale – use code ADRENAL99 to get the program for just $99!
- Episode 40: Heart Health and Cholesterol
- Episode 78: In Defense of Coconut Oil
- Episode 128: Keto Cardiologist with Dr Nadir Ali
- Episode 9: Break up with Bacon?
- What is Cholesterol Anyway?
- How is Cholesterol Produced and Regulated?
- Why Does Cholesterol go up on Keto?
- Functions of Cholesterol in the Body
- How to Support Healthy Cholesterol Levels
- Supplements for Regulating Cholesterol and Inflammation
- Labs to Consider
- Total Cholesterol
- Lipoprotein Particle Size
- Omega Check
- C Reactive Protein
- Lipoprotein a
- Fasting Insulin
Love the Naturally Nourished Podcast? Help us spread the Food-As-Medicine message by leaving a 5 star review on iTunes!
Sponsors for this Episode:
This episode is sponsored by FBomb, makers of high-quality fat-fueled snacks and products like macadamia nut butter packs and premium oils as well as their new Keto Krunch and Pork Sticks. Click here for more on why I love FBomb and use code ALIMILLERRD for 10% off your order!