Have your healthy habits gone out the window with the recent stress of the pandemic? Looking to reset and need some direction? Want to create rituals that you can stick to no matter what comes your way? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki discuss the barriers to long term healthy shifts and discuss solutions to establishing lasting routines that support optimal health.
If you experienced a loss of your routine with recent events or if you find it hard to keep up your habits during times of high stress, you are definitely not alone. When our schedules are disrupted, many of us reach for comfort in the form of increased snacking or more indulgent food choices or let our wellness routines slip. In this episode, Ali and Becki discuss how to cope with loss of routine, what it means to create your own ritual and how you can rebound your body from the vicious cycle of stress and cravings. Learn about practical tips for creating new routines, supplemental support for cravings and how to add back structure to create resilience in your body and mind.
Also in this episode:
- Episode 184: Harnessing the HPA-axis and Your Body’s Stress Response
- Episode 56: Rebounding Your Body from Trauma
- Episode 132: Getting Back on Track After a Cheat Day
- Defining Mindful Indulgence
- Coping with Loss of Routine
- Shifting Your Fasting Routine During High Stress
- Phases of Change
- Creating a Ritual
- Biochemical Reasons for Cravings
- Ali’s Mind Body Green Article: This is Exactly How to Eat for Covid-19 Related Anxiety
- Supplement Support for Cravings and Stress: use code ALI15 for 15% off your first order on the new alimillerrd.com!
- Structure to Help You Reset
Also in this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!
This episode is also sponsored by Further Food, a female owned and operated company that provides the highest quality food as medicine products including their Collagen Peptides, Pasture-Raised Gelatin Daily Turmeric Tonic and Mindful Matcha. Use code ALIMILLERRD at checkout for 10% off!