Did part one of our teens and tweens podcast strike a chord? Looking for more functional medicine approaches for older teens and college students? Want advice on tackling hormone and skin woes, coping with stress and supporting performance and focus? Tune in part two of this special series for teens to hear Ali and Becki break down common concerns including hormonal acne, anxiety and stress and top supplement recommendations for this age and life stage!
In this episode, Ali and Becki provide a 101 approach to functional medicine for older teenagers and young adults. From balancing hormones to coping with stress to supporting performance and focus for those late night study sessions, this episode is jam packed with practical solutions to support whole body health. Learn about avoiding pitfalls of college life including screen time and blue light exposure, stimulants like adderall and managing social drinking and beyond!
Also in this Episode:
- Naturally Nourished Youtube Channel
- Episode 202: Why Food Matters, Blood Sugar Balance and Creating Healthy Habits for Teens and Tweens
- Dealing with Hormonal Acne
- Screen Addiction & EMF Concerns
- Impact of Stress on the Body
- Mantra and Taming the “Inner Mean Girl/Guy”
- Stress Busting Foods
- Top Supplements for Teens
- Immune Support for Back to School
- Supporting Concentration and Focus
- Concerns with Adderall and Stimulant Use
- Adrenal Support
- Adaptogen Boost
- Social Drinking and Alcohol Use
- Troubleshooting Hormones
- Cramps and Painful Periods
- PMS & PMDD
- Herbal Immune (Lemon Balm)
- Episode 106: Birth Control Part 1
- Episode 107: Birth Control Part 2
Sponsors for this Episode:
This episode is sponsored by the Naturally Nourished supplement line: these pure, potent and effective formulas have been hand selected to deliver profound health benefits. We price our formulas 2-5% below market industry standard and competitors and guarantee that our products will always be third party assessed to ensure they are free of mold, toxins, contaminants, and contain the stated active ingredients in dosages noted. Use code ALI15 for 15% off your first Naturally Nourished Supplement Order!
This episode is also sponsored by Santa Cruz Medicinals, makers of potent and affordable CBD with effective dosing. For more information check out www.scmedicinals.com and use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off your order.