Want to know what your skeletal system does for you? Curious about preventing bone loss and supporting healthy tendons, joints, ligaments and fascia? Tune in to learn about the many functions of your skeletal system and how you can best support it as you age.
In this episode, Ali and Becki unpack the many functions of the skeletal system. Beyond providing a support system for your body, your skeletal system facilitates movement, protects organs, stores minerals and plays a role in blood cell formation as well as immune health. Learn about foods and supplements to support the skeletal system, best forms of movement and essential nutrients that support your structure. Plus get the scoop on whether calcium supplementation is necessary and what to look for if you do supplement!
Also in This Episode:
- YouTube Channel – Subscribe Now!
- Virtual Food-as-Medicine Ketosis Class – Starts September 9th!
- Episode 122: Building Strong Bones and Supporting Your Structure
- Episode 144: All About Collagen
- What is the Skeletal System?
- Risk Factors for Bone Loss
- How Your Skeletal System Supports Immune Health
- The Importance of Collagen
- What’s the Deal with Calcium Supplementation?
- Food As Medicine for Structural Health
- Bone Broth
- Raw Cultured Dairy
- Wild Caught Fish
- Sea Vegetables
- Preventing Joint and Tendon Injury
- Supplement Recommendations
- Exercise Recommendations
- Research Discussed in this Episode:
- Magnesium and Osteoporosis: Current State of Knowledge and Future Research Directions
- Calcium and vitamin D nutrition and bone disease of the elderly
- Three-year low-dose menaquinone-7 supplementation helps decrease bone loss in healthy postmenopausal women
- Proper Calcium Use: Vitamin K2 as a Promoter of Bone and Cardiovascular Health
- Current Evidence on the Association of Dietary Patterns and Bone Health: A Scoping Review
- The effect of Vitamin D on falls and fractures
- Not enough vitamin D
- Dietary protein and bone health: a systematic review and meta-analysis from the National Osteoporosis Foundation
- Potassium, Magnesium, and Fruit and Vegetable Intakes Are Associated With Greater Bone Mineral Density in Elderly Men and Women
- Trace elements and bone health
Sponsors for This Episode:
This episode is sponsored by the Naturally Nourished supplement line: these pure, potent and effective formulas have been hand selected to deliver profound health benefits. We price our formulas 2-5% below market industry standard and competitors and guarantee that our products will always be third party assessed to ensure they are free of mold, toxins, contaminants, and contain the stated active ingredients in dosages noted. Use code ALI15 for 15% off your first Naturally Nourished Supplement Order!
This episode is also sponsored by Santa Cruz Medicinals, makers of potent and affordable CBD with effective dosing. For more information check out www.scmedicinals.com and use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off your order.