Have you attempted a gut cleanse or functional medicine treatment and felt terrible? So bad that you weren’t able to complete the protocol? In this episode we cover the topic of Herxheimer Reactions which are setbacks or symptom flares that occur during a treatment plan. In a gut cleanse, this is due to the endotoxins released by yeast and microbes when they break down during antifungal or antibiotic treatment. When the body becomes overburdened or overwhelmed by a sudden release of toxins the immune system goes on high alert, triggering systemic inflammation.
In this episode, Ali and Becki discuss how to cope with a gut cleanse as well as elimination diets and other functional approaches that can drive Herxheimer Reactions. They will cover the influence of the microbiome on disease and what can happen when pathogenic organisms are not regulated. Learn about the importance of anti-inflammatory and detox supporting compounds in supplements and diet as well as lifestyle support to aid in successful outcomes.
Also in This Episode:
- Past Episodes on Dysbiosis
- Symptoms of Dysbiosis and Candida Overgrowth
- The Beat the Bloat Protocol and how to level up if needed
- Breaking Biofilms and Reducing Inflammation
- Why Detox support is essential
- How the Microbiome Influences Hormones
- The Importance of Bowel Regularity
- Coping with a Candida Cleanse
- The Importance of Phase 2: Rebuilding the Gut!
- Check out our Gut Health Series on YouTube!
Sponsors for This Episode:
This episode is sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!