Do you or someone you know struggle with depression? Has the pandemic been rough on your mental health? Want to know what foods and supplements can help combat low mood? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki discuss the multifactorial causes of depression and how immune dysfunction and mood disturbance can often overlap.
In this episode, Ali and Becki discuss the 6R approach from The Anti-Anxiety Diet and how these principles can apply beyond anxiety to depression and other mood disorders. Learn about the pathogen-host theory of depression, why the gut truly is the second brain of the body and how you can use food as medicine to support mood. Plus get supplement, lab, and lifestyle recommendations.
Also in this episode:
- Food As Medicine Ketosis Program – New Spots Just Opened, Join Today!
- The Anti-Anxiety Diet
- The Anti-Anxiety Diet Cookbook
- GAPS Diet – Natasha McBride
- Impact of Pandemic & Lockdowns on Depression
- The Pathogen-Host Theory of Depression
- The Depression Immune Connection
- Supplement Support for Depression
- Micronutrients and Mood
- The Adrenal Depression Connection
- Lifestyle Support
- Labs for Depression
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by FOND Bone Broth Tonics, Your Sous Chef in a Jar. FOND is slow simmered and lovingly tended from simmer to seal. They partner with organic farms and hand-pick and pair ingredients to optimize absorption and taste. Use code ALIMILLERRD to save at fondbonebroth.com.