Think you’re living clean and avoiding toxins? This episode may make you think again as we dive into hidden sources of toxicity and the toxins that may be lurking in your home! From sanitizers and disinfectants to disposable masks to water and even everyone’s beloved Topo Chico, learn how you may be getting exposed to toxins in your day to day life and what to do to avoid them.
In this episode, Ali and Becki dig into detox pathways and how to body removes toxins as well as nutrients that support phase 1 and phase 2 detoxification. Learn about new dangers of hand sanitizers, disinfectant exposure and the increased toxic burden of pandemic “safety” measures. Plus we answer listener questions from supporting lymphatic drainage to detoxing while breastfeeding to whether wine really has to go during a detox.
Also in this episode:
- Episode 163: Supporting Detox with Real Food
- Episode 84: The Importance of Detox on Keto
- Free Detox Webinar
- 10 Day Detox Ebook – use code PODCASTDETOX to get it for $1.99
- Why You Need a Detox Even When You Have a Liver and Kidneys
- Supporting Lymphatic Drainage
- Why Hand Sanitizer and Disinfectants Do More Harm Than Good!
- Why You Need to Take Your Shoes Off at the Door
- Toxicity of Disposable Masks
- Why You Need to Stop Drinking Topo Chico
- How to Clean Your Cast Iron & Non-Toxic Cookware
- What’s Really in Your Tap Water
- Why Do a 10 Day Detox
- Detox Supporting Foods and Supplements
- How Soon Can I Do Another Detox?
- Can I Have Wine on My Detox?
- Can I Detox While Breastfeeding?
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Nutrisense, providing Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGM) that provide you with real-time glucose data and an easy to use phone app that helps you combine and visualize your glucose data with all of your daily activities as well as personalized recommendations on how to improve your health. Use the code AliRD for $30 off your monthly subscription plan at nutrisense.io.
This episode is also sponsored by FOND Bone Broth Tonics, Your Sous Chef in a Jar. FOND is slow simmered and lovingly tended from simmer to seal. They partner with organic farms and hand-pick and pair ingredients to optimize absorption and taste. Use code ALIMILLERRD to save at fondbonebroth.com.