Is your diet, exercise and supplementation honed in but you are still struggling with sleep? Need help falling asleep, staying asleep or both? Curious about our take on melatonin supplementation? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki discuss insomnia trends (heard of coronasomnia?!), benefits of sleep and the risks of not getting the recommended 7-9 hours per night.
In this episode, Ali and Becki address all things sleep and discuss the connection between insufficient sleep and all cause mortality (you read that right…death!) as well as disease progression. Learn about the real dangers of screen time, how melatonin can impact DIVOC outcomes and how it actually functions as an antioxidant in the body impacting cardiovascular health, fertility and beyond.
Also in this episode:
- Keto Archive Program – Available for $99 starting 8/1!
- Apply to Become a Naturally Nourished Ambassador
- Adrenal Rehab Program – use code ADRENAL99 for $100 off
- Benefits of Sleep
- Dangers of Insufficient Sleep
- DIVOC & Melatonin
- Melatonin a Promising Candidate for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19
- Melatonin administration to wild‐type mice and nontreated NLRP3 mutant mice share similar inhibition of the inflammatory response during sepsis
- Melatonin protects lung mitochondria from aging
- Melatonin alleviates acute lung injury through inhibiting the NLRP3 inflammasome
- Effects of adjective use of melatonin and vitamin C in the treatment of chronic periodontitis: A randomized clinical trial
- Benefits of Melatonin
- Melatonin: a well-documented antioxidant with conditional pro-oxidant actions
- Melatonin Antioxidative Defense: Therapeutical Implications for Aging and Neurodegenerative Processes
- Role of melatonin in cancer treatment
- Melatonin boost a key to fighting breast cancer
- Melatonin in autism spectrum disorders
- Can I Take Melatonin Every Night?
- Long-term melatonin treatment for the sleep problems and aberrant behaviors of children with neurodevelopmental disorders – BMC Psychiatry
- Sleep, Growth, and Puberty After 2 Years of Prolonged-Release Melatonin in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Long-term effects of melatonin on quality of life and sleep in haemodialysis patients (Melody study): a randomized controlled trial
- Favorite Supplements for Sleep
- Sleep Support 1-2 30 minutes prior to bedtime
- GabaCalm 1-2 prior to bed or keep on nightstand for night waking
- Relax & Regulate 1-2 scoops at bed
- Santa Cruz Medicinals Deep Sleep Capsules – use code ALIMILLERRD
- Melatonin Serotonin Connection
- Night Shift Work
- Neurohormone Panel
- Lunya Silk Sleep Mask
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Santa Cruz Medicinals, makers of potent and affordable CBD with effective dosing. For more information check out www.scmedicinals.com and use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off your order.