Are you starting to worry about signs of aging? Want to know what you can do to stay young in body and mind? Looking for solutions to support brain health, cognitive clarity, muscle loss and more? Tune in to part one of our two part podcast series on aging gracefully! While we can’t turn back the clock or outrun aging altogether, there are some simple diet and lifestyle tweaks that we can make to slow down the process and extend the number of healthy years!
In this episode, we cover signs of early aging from joint pain to wrinkles to insomnia and make the case for an anti-inflammatory diet, abundant antioxidants, and a low carb lifestyle to feeling your best as the years tick by. Learn what foods can negatively impact your telomeres (the caps on our DNA that dictate aging), how keto can be incredibly supportive of cognitive function and longevity, and how exercise can help slow the clock.
Also in this episode:
- Women’s Wellness Retreat – use code PODCAST10 for 10% off
- Signs of Early Aging
- How Diet Impacts Longevity
- Soda and Cell Aging: Associations Between Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Consumption and Leukocyte Telomere Length in Healthy Adults
- Palatable Hyper-Caloric Foods Impact on Neuronal Plasticity
- Nutrient biomarker patterns, cognitive function, and fMRI measures of network efficiency in the aging brain
- Glucose Peaks and the Risk of Dementia and 20-Year Cognitive Decline
- Berberine enhances the AMPK activation and autophagy and mitigates high glucose-induced apoptosis of mouse podocytes
- Naturally Nourished Whey Protein
- Episode 266 Why is my A1C Elevated?
- Episode 269 Blood Sugar Variability
- Why Keto
- The Importance of Exercise
- Keeping Stress in Check and the Importance of Community
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Nutrisense, providing Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGM) that provide you with real-time glucose data and an easy to use phone app that helps you combine and visualize your glucose data with all of your daily activities as well as personalized recommendations on how to improve your health. Use the code ALIMILLERRD at nutrisense.io/alimillerrd
This episode is also sponsored by Santa Cruz Medicinals, makers of potent and affordable CBD with effective dosing. For more information check out www.scmedicinals.com and use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off your order.