We know from last week’s episode that estrogen plays a vital role in bone, breast, vaginal health and more and that too little estrogen can be concerning. But what happens when we have too much estrogen? Tune in to learn about symptoms of excessive estrogen, reasons for estrogen dominance, and our thoughts on the various forms of estrogen replacement therapy.
In this episode, we discuss risks of synthetic estrogen including pills, creams, vaginal rings, patches and more. Learn how to address estrogen dominance in a functional medicine perspective, what testing is needed before going on any form of hormone replacement therapy, and how bioidentical hormones are different. Plus we discuss risks of excessive estrogen and how you can balance out levels with diet, lifestyle, and supplemental support.
Also in this episode:
- Episode 280 Why You Need Estrogen
- Episode 233 Estrogen Dominance
- Drivers of Excessive Estrogen
- Birth Control Concerns
- Types of Estrogen Replacement Therapy
- Functional Approach to Hormone Replacement
- The Difference Between Bioidentical and Synthetic Hormones
- Estrogen Dominance Symptoms
- Risks of Excessive Estrogen
- Lifestyle Support
- Consider Removing Dairy
- Remove Plastics from the Household
- Poop Daily
- Maintain Healthy Body Composition and Muscle Mass
- Food As Medicine
- Supplement Support
- Estrogen Dominance Protocol
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Santa Cruz Medicinals, makers of potent and affordable CBD with effective dosing. For more information check out www.scmedicinals.com and use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off your order.