Do you struggle with cravings? Find yourself falling off your clean keto from time to time? Are you in need of a reboot of your habits? Tune in to hear us unpack the deep emotional and physical roots of cravings as well as how you can work to create new habits and patterns that are supportive of your wellness goals!
In this episode, we address what is actually happening in the brain during a craving and how neurotransmitters play a major role. We discuss interventions for common imbalances such as low dopamine and gaba so that instead of white-knuckling a craving or giving in, you have tools to correct deficiencies in your body. We also cover several nutrient deficiencies that can cause you to crave specific foods (hello, magnesium and chocolate!). Hear us walk through a 5 step plan for establishing healthy habits and get recipe inspiration for snacks that can curb cravings!
- Also in this episode:
- Women’s Wellness Retreat – FINAL CALL TO BOOK!
- 12 Week Keto Meal Plan – Naturally Nourished – Ali Miller
- Find Ali on Patreon
- Beat the Bloat Program – Coming Soon!
- Backup Instagram account: @naturallynourishedrd
- What Happens During a Craving?
- Neurotransmitter Imbalance
- Glutamate Deficiency
- Low Dopamine
- Low Gaba
- The Role of Stress and Sleep in Cravings
- Where do Bad Habits Come From?
- 5 Steps to Create New Habits
- Nutrient Deficiencies and Cravings
- How Candida and Dysbiosis Can Drive Cravings
- How Keto Can Regulate Cravings
- Favorite Recipes to Curb Cravings
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Santa Cruz Medicinals, makers of potent and affordable CBD with effective dosing. For more information check out www.scmedicinals.com and use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off your order.