Are you concerned about water quality? Want to know how bad bottle water is or how to assess the tap water quality in your area? Curious about the best type of home filtration system for your budget and goals? Tune in to hear us answer all of your burning water questions!
In this episode, we take a deep dive into water quality. We discuss why water is just so essential to the human body and why you should care about where your water comes from. We cover why bottled water is a big fat NO, how municipal water is treated, and how to know what is in your tap water. Plus we hit on the best options for home filtration, whether reverse osmosis or a countertop option, and the pitfalls of both. We also discuss rainwater collection and the considerations of digging a well, from Ali’s own personal experience with her homestead project. Plus, we talk about how to remineralize your water and how to offset some common water quality concerns!
- Beat the Heat – Buy any 2 Probiotics at Full Price, Get the 3rd 50% off with code BEATTHEHEAT
- Blue Jug Water
- Episode 236 Hidden Sources of Toxicity and Detox Updates
- The Importance of Water and Why it Matters
- Why You Should NOT Buy Bottled Water
- How Municipal Water is Treated
- Search your Tap Water contaminants: https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/
- Concerns with Municipal Water
- Water Fluoridation: A Critical Review of the Physiological Effects of Ingested Fluoride as a Public Health Intervention
- Redmond Toothpaste use code ALIMILLERRD for savings
- Home Filtration Options
- Concerns with Reverse Osmosis
- Well & Rainwater
- Supplements to Offset Water Quality Issues
- Water Facts of Life: Ride the Water Cycle With These Fun Facts.
- Bottled Water Unbowed by COVID- 19 Crisis, Grows Again in 2020, Data FROM Beverage Marketing Corporation Shows.
- Advancing Sustainable Materials Management: 2018 Fact Sheet
- Global Issue of Marine Plastics Is Gathering Significant Media Attention
- Pacific Garbage Patch
- Energy Implications of Bottled Water
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by FOND Bone Broth Tonics, Your Sous Chef in a Jar. FOND is slow simmered and lovingly tended from simmer to seal. They partner with organic farms and hand-pick and pair ingredients to optimize absorption and taste. Use code ALIMILLERRD to save at fondbonebroth.com.