Did you know that testosterone is on the decline, particularly in American men?! What is causing this rapid decline and is this a threat to the future of the human population? What are the top killers of testosterone and how can we rebound? What foods, lifestyle shifts and nutrients can support healthy testosterone levels? Tune in to hear us answer all this and more in this important episode!
Testosterone levels have steadily declined in the U.S. over the past few decades, leaving the average 70 year old American male with significantly lower levels than a 100 year old Okinawan male by comparison. Not only have levels declined relative to men in other countries, American men have seen a more rapid decline year over year, leaving men who turned 65 in 2002 with substantially lower levels than men who turned 65 in 1987, for example. In this episode, we’ll take a deep dive into these trends and discuss drivers of low testosterone, from poor diet to sedentary lifestyles to Vitamin D deficiency and so much more.
Also in this episode:
- LIVE Detox Starts 1/11
- LIVE Food-as-Medicine Ketosis Program – Starts 1/18!
- What is Testosterone and what does it do?
- Assessing Testosterone levels
- Total Testosterone
- Free Testosterone
- SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin)
- Neurohormone Panel (Salivary)
- What is DHT?
- Why is testosterone declining?
- How does stress impact testosterone?
- Toxicity and endocrine disruptors
- Obesity & sedentary lifestyle contributes to testosterone decline
- Vitamin D Deficiency as a driver of low testosterone levels
- Sleep & Low T
- Supplementation for Testosterone Boost
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!