Have you heard the new guidance from the American Academy of Pediatrics on childhood obesity? If you have, you are likely as astounded and outraged as we are to hear drug therapy and bariatric surgery recommended to children as a way to manage the growing problem of childhood obesity. Tune in to hear us break down the new guidelines and offer sustainable, cost-affordable solutions for families.
Obesity currently affects about 20% of children and 42% of adults, and we agree this is a problem that needs to be faced head on. However, recommending drugs and weight loss surgery to children without offering any guidance on diet and exercise is just not a sustainable solution. In fact, the AAP guidance could have devastating effects on children while, no surprise, driving big profits for pharma. Learn how carb awareness, low carb, and detox support can be appropriate for overweight and obese children, creating whole body wellness for a lifetime. Plus we discuss the role of nutrient deficiency, essential supplementation, exercise and more in combating this multifaceted issue.
Also in this episode:
- American Academy of Pediatrics Childhood Obesity Recommendations
- Episode 323: Ozempic, Wonder Drug or too Good to be True?
- Once-Weekly Semaglutide in Adolescents with Obesity
- Pharmacologic treatment of pediatric obesity
- Who Funds the AAP?
- Nutrition Misinformation Driving Obesity
- Sustainable Solutions to Childhood Obesity
- Carb Awareness & Low Carb
- Metabolic impact of a ketogenic diet compared to a hypocaloric diet in obese children and adolescents
- Effect of low-carbohydrate, unlimited calorie diet on the treatment of childhood obesity: a prospective controlled study
- Making Low Carb Kid School Lunches (4 Essential Tips)
- 3 Rules For Balanced Kid’s Snacks (NO Naked CARBS!)
- Food as Medicine for the Whole Family
- Low Carb Kids Lunches
- Get Kids Away from Grazing
- Support Detoxification
- Support Microbiome Balance
- Correct Nutrient Deficiency
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!
This episode is also sponsored by FOND Bone Broth Tonics, Your Sous Chef in a Jar. FOND is slow simmered and lovingly tended from simmer to seal. They partner with organic farms and hand-pick and pair ingredients to optimize absorption and taste. Use code ALIMILLERRD to save at fondbonebroth.com.