Do you know your homocysteine level? What can homocysteine tell us about our methylation and overall health status? How can you lower elevated homocysteine? If it seems like we’re speaking a foreign language, don’t worry, we break it all down in today’s episode all about this important biomarker!
Elevated homocysteine levels can be brought on by gene mutations like MTHFR as well as medications, poor diet, toxin exposure, hormone imbalances, and stress. B vitamins from our food and supplements act as methyl donors that help keep your body’s homocysteine at healthy levels and methylation working optimally. Learn how to assess homocysteine, what elevated levels mean, and how you can lower them with diet, lifestyle and supplementation!
Also in this episode:
- Wellness in Wimberley – Save the date for May 20-21!
- Heart Health Webinar – February 22 12pm CST – Register Here
- What is homocysteine?
- What causes high homocysteine?
- How to test homocysteine
- CardioMetabolic Panel – enjoy $20 off with FEB20
- 55 SNP Genetic Test
- How homocysteine elevation drives disease risk
- The hypertension homocysteine connection
- How to address high homocysteine
- Consume real food forms of B vitamins
- Support Detoxification
- 10 Day Detox
- Sunlighten Sauna get up to $600 off with ALIMILLERRD
- Focus on homocysteine lowering nutrients: Riboflavin, Folate, B6, B12, Choline
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!