Is that pricey probiotic you buy every month really worth it? Do probiotics work? How do we select a good probiotic? Tune in to hear the answers to all this and more on this deep dive episode all about probiotics! We’ll demystify some of the brands you are wasting your money on, plus we’ll run you through our checklist of what to look for and what to avoid when selecting a probiotic!
In this episode, we cover some of the common drugstore brands of probiotics and you will be shocked to hear what is in them! We cover how to read a probiotic label (yes, they can be tricky!) to make sure you are getting your bang for your buck, plus we give you the scoop on the newly popular soil-based probiotics!
Also in this episode:
- Wellness in Wimberley 5/20 & 5/21 – Registration closes 5/12!
- Live Detox Starts 5/3 – just $14.99 sign up now
- Choosing the Right Probiotic
- Why Probiotics are Important
- Red Flags in Common Probiotic Brands
- Additives, Fillers, Inflammatory Ingredients
- Prebiotics Added
- No Strain ID
- Unfounded Claims
- What to Look for in a Probiotic
- Strain ID
- Formulated with Clinically Studied Strains
- Targeted Strength Probiotic
- Restore Baseline Probiotic
- Kids Biotic
- Rebuild Spectrum Probiotic
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of Saccharomyces boulardii in adult patients
- Efficacy and Safety of Saccharomyces boulardii in Acute Rotavirus Diarrhea: Double Blind Randomized Controlled Trial from a Developing Country
- Clinical trial: Lactobacillus plantarum 299v (DSM 9843) improves symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
- GI Immune Builder
- Women’s Flora Probiotic
- GI Cleanup
- Beat the Heat Sale on Probiotics – Buy 2, Save 50% on the 3rd bottle!
This episode is sponsored by:
This episode is sponsored by Carnivore Snax, a delicious snack combining just 2 ingredients: meat and Redmond Real Salt! These melt-in-your-mouth meat pastries are like no other dehydrated meat product or jerky on the market. We love that Carnivore Snax are a pro-America brand who sources from US farmers practicing regenerative agriculture and are verified by the Savory Institute confirming their carbon sequestering status. Check out the ribeye, pork loin, brisket and leg of lamb for just a few of our favorites! Use code ALIMILLERRD to save 15% off your order and get free shipping on $125 or more at carnivoresnax.com.