MEET ALI MILLER, RD, LD, CDE
Integrative dietitian and founder of Naturally Nourished, a functional medicine private practice. Author of Naturally Nourished: Food-as-Medicine for Optimal Health cookbook and Reset, Restore, Renew: Real Food Detox program.
AS FEATURED IN
Ali has dedicated her career to revolutionizing food-as-medicine in treatment and prevention of disease. She has a passion to create public awareness regarding the significant role diet plays in our overall health with her philosophy of Food-As-Medicine. Through corporate outreach and as a public figure, Ali addresses nutrition misconceptions and myths, clarifying the extensive amount of confusing and conflicting information that often saturates the media.
Ali is an affiliate of a multitude of nutrition, media, and professional organizations and regularly serves as a contributor for various television stations and publications including weekly Thursday morning segments on Fox 26. Ali’s message has influenced millions through both the media and the medical community. This was acknowledged in 2015 when Ali was named one of the “Top 50 Most Influential Women in Houston” by Houston Woman Magazine.
With a mission deeply rooted in the sustainability of our food systems, Ali teaches clients to navigate beyond corporate manipulation with an “outside the box” approach to healthy eating. She promotes clean eating and works to unveil the hidden truth of toxins in our food system while sharing the significant health benefits of consuming local, organic, and wild, pasture-raised foods. Ali applies scientifically supported plant and bio-compounds to enhance a patient’s treatment outcomes while reducing medications and their undesired side effects. Rather than using a one-size fits all approach, Ali provides customized meal plans supported by up-to-date research for a functional approach to healing the body and preventing disease.
In the medical community, Ali has made an impression through her integrative approaches to treating people vs. diseases. Ali has seen an enthusiastic support from clinicians in the medical field including primary care physicians and innumerable specialists through referrals, participation in group programs, in-practice development of treatment protocols, and consultations.
• Developer of a Food-As-Medicine protocol in a Stage-3 Breast Cancer Research Study through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
• Expertise sought out by distinguished medical institutions including: MD Anderson, Baylor, and UT Health.
• “Top 50 Most Influential Women in Houston” by Houston Woman Magazine.
• Selected as keynote speaker for varied functional medicine and conventional medicine affiliates including: Metagenics, Biogenesis, Academy of Dietetics, Certified Diabetes Educators.
• Developer of food-as-medicine protocol for ADHD and behavioral disorders at Woodlands Behavioral Health Wellness Center.
• Media correspondent as nutrition expert with weekly television segments on Fox, and features on ABC, KHOU, and CBS.
• Corporate wellness work with globally renowned companies including GE Oil and Gas, Exxon Mobile, NRG Reliant, and more.
Ali Miller is a registered dietitian (RD), certified diabetes educator (CDE), certified weight management specialist, and therapeutic lifestyle healthcare practitioner. Ali developed her Food-As-Medicine approach to disease management through her background in natural food preparation and degree in Nutritional Sciences from Bastyr University, a renowned leader in naturopathic and functional medicine. The diverse medical rotations available in the Houston Medical Center drew Ali to Texas, where she implemented clinical treatment plans provided in some of the top hospitals in the country. Ali has combined the strengths of both naturopathic and allopathic fields, practicing functional medicine that is guided by nature, yet grounded in clinical scientific discovery.