Are you or someone you know diagnosed with PCOS? Curious about the symptoms or diagnosis of this hormonal condition and whether this might be you? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki discuss the criteria for diagnosing PCOS, the underlying mechanisms that drive this hormonal imbalance as well as compare the conventional medical treatment with functional medicine approaches to treating the root cause.
In this information-packed episode, Ali and Becki discuss how PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) develops and how it manifests in the body, with symptoms ranging from irregular periods and loss of cycle to increased body hair to acne. Women with PCOS have abnormalities in the metabolism of androgens and estrogen and in the control of androgen production. There is also the common thread of insulin resistance, obesity and metabolic syndrome–though not all women present the same way! Ali and Becki will delve into how a ketogenic approach may be the best solution to managing PCOS, as well as food-as-medicine solutions and functional lab testing to help you regain balance in your body!
Also in this episode:
- HPA Axis Dysfunction and the Role of Stress
- Neurohormone Complete Plus
- DUTCH Complete Hormone Panel
- The Role of Micronutrient Deficiencies
- Diagnostic Testing and Treatment Approaches in Conventional Medicine
- The difference between PCOS and polycystic ovaries
- Ketosis vs. A Low Glycemic Approach for PCOS Management
- Food As Medicine for PCOS