Do you suspect Candida or SIBO is at the root of your digestive concerns? Want to know how to distinguish symptoms of candida overgrowth from small intestinal bacterial overgrowth? Curious about where to start with testing and treatment options? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki take a deep dive into bacteria and yeast overgrowth, assessment for overgrowth, compounds used clinically for treatment, biofilms, lifestyle elements of cleanse support and beyond!
In this episode, Ali and Becki go deep into the topic of candida and SIBO and discuss both the overlapping and distinguishing symptoms of both. Learn about assessment options from blood to stool to breath testing and how you can test at home with a probiotic challenge. Plus get insight into best treatment if dealing with candida or SIBO, how to support bowel motility, bust biofilms and more!
Also in this Episode:
- Virtual Food As Medicine Ketosis Class – Starts April 10th!
- Food As Medicine at the Farm – April 25
- Past Podcasts on Gut Health
- Symptoms of Candida and SIBO
- Why Does Overgrowth Occur?
- Testing For Candida and SIBO
- Treatment Recommendations
- Beat the Bloat: Candida Ebook & Supplement Bundle
- GI Reset
- Herbal Therapy Is Equivalent to Rifaximin for the Treatment of Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
- Comparative clinical efficacy of a probiotic vs. an antibiotic in the treatment of patients with intestinal bacterial overgrowth and chronic abdominal functional distension: a pilot study
- Supplement Recommendations for Bowel Motility
- Biofilms and Treating Resistant Yeast and Bacteria
- Lifestyle Support for Cleanse
- How Keto Carnivore Can Be Supportive
- Episode 127: In Defense of Vegetables
- How Low FODMAPS Can Help
- Rebuilding Bacteria After a Cleanse
This episode is sponsored by Further Food, a female owned and operated company that provides the highest quality food as medicine supplements including their Collagen Peptides, Pasture-Raised Gelatin Daily Turmeric Tonic and Mindful Matcha.