Are you curious about intermittent fasting and time restricted eating and wondering if its right for you? Already incorporating fasting but not seeing good results? Want to know how to tweak your fasting strategy to work best for your lifestyle and health goals? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki break down the science of fasting from its health benefits to potential pitfalls to the lab markers to watch if incorporating fasting. Learn how to utilize this health-supporting tool in a way that works best for your body, health and fitness goals and lifestyle.
In this episode, Ali and Becki get into the nerdy, nitty-gritty science of intermittent fasting from its influence on autophagy to its impact on inflammatory markers and beyond. Fasting can be a great tool to accelerate weight loss, reset digestion and even prevent cancer but it is not a one size fits all approach! Learn about different fasting strategies from a classic 16:8 approach to a protein-sparing fast using bone broth to fat fasts and beyond. Get all your burning fasting questions answered and learn about diet and supplement tools you can use to get the most out of your fast.
Also in this Episode:
- Upcoming Events & Book Tour: Keep an Eye on Our Events Page for Details!
- New Supplements
- What is Intermittent Fasting vs. Time Restricted Eating?
- Fasting Modalities: 16:8, 5:2, OMAD
- Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
- What is Autophagy?
- Tools for Successful Fasting
- Naked Fasting, Fat Fasting and Protein Fasting
- Benefits of Tea – check out this blog for more!
- Health Markers Influenced By Fasting
- Fasting Insulin
- Cardiometabolic Panel
- How to Modify Your Fast for Best Outcomes
- Episode 146: Keto as a Hormetic Stressor
- FBomb Oil Packs – use code ALIMILLERD for savings
- Further Foods Collagen – use code ALIMILLERD for savings
- Bone Broth Fasting
- In Defense of Protein in your Keto Diet and Bone Broth Fast
- Ali’s Typical Fasting Day
Love the Naturally Nourished Podcast? Help us spread the Food-As-Medicine message by leaving a 5 star review on iTunes!
This episode is sponsored by Further Food, a female owned and operated company that provides the highest quality food as medicine supplements including their Collagen Peptides, Pasture-Raised Gelatin Daily Turmeric Tonic and Mindful Matcha. Use code ALIMILLERRD at checkout for 10% off!
This episode is also sponsored by Crowd Cow, your one-stop shop for craft meats sourced straight from the farm. Crowd Cow believes in full transparency. For a limited time, enjoy FREE Shipping in addition to $25 off your first order at www.crowdcow.com/naturallynourished. Check out their new Naturally Nourished Bundle to order the cuts Ali uses in her home on a weekly basis!