Have you lost your period with keto, a recent weight change or high stress? Want to know how to get your cycle back and why it is so important to do so? Need strategy for rebounding your hormones and confused on whether you should still be doing keto? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki talk about the many causes of amenorrhea and hone in specifically on hypothalamic amenorrhea. Learn how over-restriction, over-exercise and over-rumination might be driving imbalance in your body and what to do to recover your sixth vital sign–your period!
In this episode, Ali and Becki break down the reasons your period might be MIA from weight loss to medication use to post birth control recalibration. Amenorrhea is thought to affect 3-4% of the population of women of reproductive age and hypothalamic amenorrhea is on the rise as a leading cause for cycle loss. Learn how hormone expression can be impacted by stress, how high quality nutrient supplementation can help nourish your ovaries and why you might need to ease up on the exercise and fasting if your cycle has gone missing.
Also in this Episode:
- Tulum Travel Recap
- Past Episodes on Women’s Hormones
- Episode 44: Women’s Hormones
- Episode 48: PCOS Part 1
- Episode 49: PCOS Part 2
- Episode 106: Regulating Your Cycle & Natural Birth Control
- Episode 107: Regulating Your Cycle & Natural Birth Control
- Episode 121: Keto and Women’s Hormones
- Episode 123: Libido and Getting Your Sexy Back with Dr. Ana Cabeca
- Episode 145: Endometriosis & Infertility
- Episode 146: Keto as a Hormetic Stressor & All About Leptin
- What causes amenorrhea?
- What is hypothalamic amenorrhea?
- Why is having a period so important?
- Nutrients to nourish your ovaries
- Use of Adaptogens to Support Hypothalamic Amenorrhea
- Strategy for Getting Your Cycle Back
- The Importance of Testing with Bioidentical Hormone Use
Love the Naturally Nourished Podcast? Help us spread the Food-As-Medicine message by leaving a 5 star review on iTunes!
This episode is sponsored by Further Food, a female owned and operated company that provides the highest quality food as medicine supplements including their Collagen Peptides, Pasture-Raised Gelatin Daily Turmeric Tonic and Mindful Matcha. Use code ALIMILLERRD at checkout for 10% off!
This episode is also sponsored by Crowd Cow, your one-stop shop for craft meats sourced straight from the farm. Crowd Cow believes in full transparency. For a limited time, enjoy FREE Shipping in addition to $25 off your first order at www.crowdcow.com/naturallynourished. Check out their new Naturally Nourished Bundle to order the cuts Ali uses in her home on a weekly basis!