Did last week’s episode on neurotransmitters leave you wanting more? Want to know what impact dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine have on your mind and body? Curious how you can balance your brain chemicals? Tune in to learn what your excitatory neurotransmitters do and how you can use diet, lifestyle and supplemental support to find balance and mellow!
In this episode, Ali and Becki go even deeper into the topic of neurotransmitters, hitting on the main excitatory brain chemicals of dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine. Learn about the impact of intermittent fasting on your neurotransmitters, how to recognize symptoms of deficiency and excess and why these brain chemicals might be imbalanced in the first place. Learn why l-theanine can work magic for balancing your brain and mood, how CBD can play a role and how adaptogens and nervines can be supportive of neurotransmitter expression.
Also in This Episode:
- Leave a Review for The Anti-Anxiety Diet Here!
- Upcoming Cookbook Events
- Episode 160: Neurotransmitters 101 Part 1
- The Impact of Intermittent Fasting on Neurotransmitters
- Symptoms of Deficiency and Excess
- Dopamine Supporting Foods
- Tyrosine: duck eggs, animal protein
- Supplemental Support
- Mucana Pruriens – only if confirmed low in dopamine, norepinephrine & epinephrine!
- Testing Neurotransmitters
- Why Urine Testing
- Labrix NeuroHormone Complete & Complete Plus
- Supporting Neurotransmitter Balance
Sponsors for this Episode:
This episode is sponsored by FBomb, makers of high-quality fat-fueled snacks and products like macadamia nut butter packs and premium oils as well as their new Keto Krunch and Pork Sticks. Click here for more on why I love FBomb and use code ALIMILLERRD for 10% off your order!
This episode is also sponsored by Further Food, a female owned and operated company that provides the highest quality food as medicine supplements including their Collagen Peptides, Pasture-Raised Gelatin Daily Turmeric Tonic and Mindful Matcha. Use code ALIMILLERRD at checkout for 10% off!