You guys asked, we answer in this special Q&A episode all about hormones! We talk about women’s hormones all the time but this episode really breaks down the function of estrogen and progesterone, how levels shift throughout the cycle and lifetime and how the delicate balance of hormones can be thrown off by stress, endocrine disruptors and more. Learn how addressing hot flashes as an inflammatory symptom can make all the difference in getting ongoing resolution and how you can support your system through hormone transitions. Plus get insight into supporting optimal fertility, addressing hormonal weight gain and how stress is intricately connected to PCOS and other hormonal conditions.
In this episode, Ali and Becki answer your burning questions about topics ranging from hot flash relief to balancing hormones while on birth control to how the microbiome impacts estrogen conjugation and detox. Learn what happens to hormones after a procedure like an ablation and how proteolytic enzymes can help support a hospitable uterine environment, our take on hormone replacement therapy and best place to start with lab testing and supplementation when a hormonal imbalance is suspected. Plus get the skinny on flax seeds and other hormone modulating compounds and how genetics can impact your estrogen status!
Also in This Episode:
- Past Episodes on Hormones:
- Episode 44: Women’s Hormones
- Episode 106: Birth Control Part 1
- Episode 107: Birth Control Part 2
- Episode 121: Keto and Women’s Hormones
- Episode 123: Getting Your Sexy Back with Dr. Ana Cabeca
- Episode 116: Estrogen Dominance and Endocrine Disruptors
- Episode 139: The Pregnenolone Steal
- Episode 152: Perimenopause and Menopause
- Hormones 101
- Perimenopause and Menopause Transition
- Hot Flashes
- Weight Gain in Menopause
- Addressing Hormone Highs and Lows
- Hormones After an Ablation or Hysterectomy
- Addressing PCOS
- Balancing Hormones on Birth Control
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Supporting Optimal Fertility
- The Influence of Chia and Flax Seeds on Hormones
- COMT Genetic SNPs and Estrogen
- Estrogen and the Microbiome
Sponsors for This Episode:
This episode is sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!
This episode is also sponsored by FBomb, makers of high-quality fat-fueled snacks and products like macadamia nut butter packs and premium oils as well as their new Keto Krunch and Pork Sticks. Click here for more on why I love FBomb and use code ALIMILLERRD for 10% off your order!