Did you know that the microbiome can have a dynamic influence on hormone levels and female fertility? Want to know why Ali just completed her third Beat the Bloat Cleanse? Dysbiosis or yeast and bacteria imbalance can wreak havoc on the body, not only causing GI disturbance and skin flares but it can also exacerbate conditions that lead to infertility such as endometriosis and PCOS. Tune in to find out what happened during Ali’s cleanse, how she dealt with dieoff symptoms and why berberine and aromatic essential oils should have a place in your supplement routine even when not doing a cleanse!
In this episode, Ali and Becki discuss the influence of the microbiome on disease and what can happen when pathogenic organisms take over. Beyond the common symptoms of bowel irregularity and skin conditions we can see mood influence, headaches, chronic fatigue and even autoimmune disease as common manifestations of dysbiosis. Learn why dysbiosis can occur in the first place, how to recognize and test, and why we created the Beat the Bloat protocol as a microbiome reset. Plus hear us nerd out on how berberine can be more effective than metformin in addressing PCOS and infertility!
Also in This Episode:
- Past Episodes on Dysbiosis
- Episode 22: Candida Albicans and Yeast
- Episode 60: Dysbiosis and the Microbiome
- Episode 87: The Gut Brain Connection
- Episode 131: Candida and SIBO Deep Dive
- What is Dysbiosis vs. Symbiosis?
- Symptoms of Dysbiosis
- Candida Quiz
- Probiotic Challenge
- Ali’s Personal History with Bacteria and Yeast Overgrowth
- How the Microbiome Influences Hormones
- Studies on Berberine, PCOS and Fertility
- Berberine Improves Insulin Sensitivity by Inhibiting Fat Store and Adjusting Adipokines Profile in Human Preadipocytes and Metabolic Syndrome Patients
- A clinical study on the short-term effect of berberine in comparison to metformin on the metabolic characteristics of women with polycystic ovary syndrome
- The use of berberine for women with polycystic ovary syndrome undergoing IVF treatment
- Lipid profiling of the therapeutic effects of berberine in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- A Single Arm Pilot Study of Effects of Berberine on the Menstrual Pattern, Ovulation Rate, Hormonal and Metabolic Profiles in Anovulatory Chinese Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Berberine inhibits the proliferation of human uterine leiomyoma cells
- Berberine suppresses growth and metastasis of endometrial cancer cells via miR-101/COX-2
- Coping with a Candida Cleanse
- The Importance of Phase 2: Rebuilding the Gut!
- Bacteria Rebuild Bundle
Sponsors for This Episode:
This episode is sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!
This episode is also sponsored by FBomb, makers of high-quality fat-fueled snacks and products like macadamia nut butter packs and premium oils as well as their new Keto Krunch and Pork Sticks. Click here for more on why I love FBomb and use code ALIMILLERRD for 10% off your order!