Are you freaking out about the coronavirus? Looking for more food-as-medicine solutions to support your family’s health during this time? Need a little reassurance to reduce the anxiety this pandemic is causing? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki discuss emerging information about the coronavirus, new statistics on infection rates and what this means for you and your family. Learn about the connection of ACE 2 receptors, symptoms of coronavirus vs. cold and flu, and how you can best support your system during this time.
With evolution of the coronavirus pandemic over the past week, we are interrupting our regularly scheduled content to bring you up-to-date information about the mechanism of the virus, how it spreads and factors that put individuals at higher risk. The added stress and anxiety that self-quarantine, 24/7 news coverage and business and school closures is definitely NOT supportive of immune health, in fact stress can actually shut down the immune system! Learn how stress wreaks havoc on your body’s ability to fight, from reduced white blood cell activity to suppressed autophagy to depletion of micronutrients like Vitamin C and what you can do keep your immune system robust to the impact of stress!
Also in This Episode:
- Episode 179: Coronavirus and Immune Support
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- How COVID-19 Gets Into the Body
- The ACE-2 Connection and How Herbal Compounds Can Support
- Vitamin D and Virus Support
- Risk Factors for Coronavirus Vulnerability
- Cytokine Storm
- Why to Skip Elderberry During This Time!
- Updated Coronavirus Kit
- Additional Products
- The Stress-Immune Connection
- How Stress Impacts the Body
- The Stress GI Connection
- Stress Reduction Techniques
- Research Mentioned in This Episode:
- Lingchong Wang† ORCID logoab, Dapeng Zhang† bc, Ning Wangb, Sha Lib, Hor-Yue Tanb and Yibin Feng *b. Polyphenols of Chinese skullcap roots: from chemical profiles to anticancer effects. DOI: 10.1039/C9RA03229K (Review Article) RSC Adv., 2019, 9, 25518-25532
- Barak V1, Halperin T, Kalickman I. The effect of Sambucol, a black elderberry-based, natural product, on the production of human cytokines: I. Inflammatory cytokines. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2001 Apr-Jun;12(2):290-6.
Sponsors For This Episode:
This episode is sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!