Have you heard the words polyphenols and antioxidants tossed around but not really sure what they mean? Curious about intolerance of plants and how you can correct this from the root cause? Want to know more about how polyphenols support gut health, detoxification and more? Tune in to hear us highlight the power of produce and how you can pack polyphenol rich foods into your diet to optimize your intake and reduce oxidative stress!
Polyphenols have demonstrated anti-cancer, anti-oxidant, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory properties in human health. In this episode, we highlight the benefits of plants and reasons we find them essential in an optimal diet for whole body health. Learn why organic and sustainable farming increases polyphenol production in plants and what foods have the best bang for their buck (hint: chocolate, wine and coffee make the list!)
Also in This Episode:
- Episode 127: In Defense of Vegetables
- What are Polyphenols?
- Benefits of Polyphenols
- What Creates Oxidative Stress?
- How Plant Compounds Influence Gut Health
- How Polyphenols Support Detox
- How Organic and Sustainable Farming Increases Polyphenols
- Abundance Goals for Optimizing Your Intake
- 2-3 cups of leafy greens (spinach is high)
- Citrus peel
- Tea 4-5x/wk
- What to do if You Don’t Tolerate Plants
- The Time and Place for Carnivore
- Research References in this Episode
Sponsors for This Episode:
This episode is sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!