Do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Want to know how to deal with allergy symptoms naturally? Curious about the stress connection to worsened seasonal allergies? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki discuss why seasonal allergies happen, who is most susceptible and what you can do to reduce symptoms and heal from the root cause!
In this episode, Ali and Becki take a deep dive on seasonal allergies, from the influence of stress to what allergies can tell us about the state of your gut. Learn about foods to avoid during allergy flares as well as those to include to help reduce symptoms and reactivity. Hear our take on conventional allergy medications, allergy testing and allergy shots. Plus get supplement recommendations to not only mitigate symptoms but help your body become resilient to seasonal allergies!
Also in this episode:
- Subscribe to the Naturally Nourished Newsletter
- Naturally Nourished YouTube Channel
- Episode 185: Histamine Intolerance with Dr. Becky Campbell
- Episode 68: Supporting Your Immune System
- Episode 199: The Importance of Breath
- Why Seasonal Allergies Occur
- Symptoms of Seasonal Allergies
- Who is Most Susceptible to Seasonal Allergies
- The Influence of Stress on Allergies
- The Gut Connection to Seasonal Allergies
- Foods that Influence Allergies
- Dry Farm Wine use code ALIMILLERRD for a Penny Bottle!
- Side Effects of Conventional Allergy Medications
- Thoughts on Allergy Testing & Allergy Shots
- Supplement Strategy
- Food As Medicine for Allergy Support
- Patterson AM, Yildiz VO, Klatt MD, Malarkey WB. Perceived stress predicts allergy flares. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2014 Apr;112(4):317-21.
- Roschek B Jr, Fink RC, McMichael M, Alberte RS. Nettle extract (Urtica dioica) affects key receptors and enzymes associated with allergic rhinitis. Phytother Res. 2009 Jul;23(7):920-6.
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Nutrisense, providing Continuous Glucose Monitors (CGM) that provide you with real-time glucose data and an easy to use phone app that helps you combine and visualize your glucose data with all of your daily activities as well as personalized recommendations on how to improve your health. Use the code AliRD for $30 off your monthly subscription plan at nutrisense.io.