Are you dealing with long haul symptoms such as fatigue, brain fog, or digestive distress? Want to understand the COVID-microbiome connection? In need of a reset to put long haul symptoms in the past? Tune in to hear us explore the reasons some deal with long term effects including microbiome imbalance, oxidative stress, and more.
In this episode, we discuss the 50+ reported long term effects of COVID that may impact daily life. Learn how an imbalance microbiome can predispose to COVID severity, and how lasting changes in the gut flora can drive long haul symptoms and unfavorable digestive changes. Plus hear up to date recommendations on reducing viral replication and supporting your system should you get the dreaded C-word yet again in this endemic phase!
Also in this episode:
- Beat the Bloat Program $10 Off with code BTB10
- How Common is Long Haul?
- Symptoms of Long COVID
- The Microbiome COVID Connection
- Alterations in Gut Microbiota of Patients With COVID-19 During Time of Hospitalization
- Cytokine Storm in COVID-19: The Current Evidence and Treatment Strategies
- Microbiota-Gut-Brain Communication in the SARS-CoV-2 Infection
- Gut microbiota composition reflects disease severity and dysfunctional immune responses in patients with COVID-19
- Six-month follow-up of gut microbiota richness in patients with COVID-19
- Supporting the Microbiome Post COVID
- Food as Medicine Support for Good Gut Flora
- Probiotic Supplementation
- Oxidative Stress as a Driver of Longhaul
- Reducing Viral Replication
- The Stress Immune Connection
- The Importance of Sleep
- The Impact of Universal Masking
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by FOND Bone Broth Tonics, Your Sous Chef in a Jar. FOND is slow simmered and lovingly tended from simmer to seal. They partner with organic farms and hand-pick and pair ingredients to optimize absorption and taste. Use code ALIMILLERRD to save at fondbonebroth.com.