Is your child dealing with a diagnosis of ADHD or Autism? Looking for alternative approaches to medication for behavioral issues? Want to know how to best support neurological health, concentration and focus? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki discuss the rise of ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder, from conventional approaches to supporting optimal neurological and behavioral health in our children. In today’s episode we will cover primary irritants to avoid as well as foods to focus on and some root causes of imbalance including gut health, detoxification pathways, and nutritional deficiency trends.
In this episode, Ali and Becki discuss functional approaches to neurological and behavioral health from assessing common nutritional deficiencies, identifying food allergies or heavy metal toxicity, balancing blood sugar levels and providing nutrients for optimal cognitive function.
We take a whole body approach addressing mind with restructuring thought patterns and self-esteem building techniques, behavior with development of routine and consistency, and diet to ensure we can provide you with balanced support for optimal results. Some of the most over prescribed medications include methamphetamines to treat attention deficits, especially in kids.
But what is exciting is that we know that ADHD and other psychological disorders may be caused by dietary/digestive reasons and may be treated with food as medicine.
Also in This Episode:
- Episode 138: Autism, ADHD and Functional Pediatrics with Guest Dr. Emily Gutierrez
- Choconana Smoothie Recipe & Blog on ADHD
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD Diagnosis and Treatment
- Treatment Potential of Melatonin
- The Influence of Blue Light
- Flux App
- Food Allergies and Sensitivities
- The Importance of Blood Sugar Control
- Dysbiosis and Gut Health
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Nutrient Deficiencies
- Vitamin C
- Use of Gaba and CBD
- Santa Cruz Medicinals CBD use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off
- Weaning from Adderall
- Food as Medicine Support
- Omega 3s
- B Vitamins
- Healthy School Lunches Blog
Research Referenced in this Episode:
- Pharmacological Therapies for Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Review
- The potential role of the antioxidant and detoxification properties of glutathione in autism spectrum disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Malondialdehyde levels in adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
- A preliminary study of the effect of pyridoxine administration in a subgroup of hyperkinetic children: a double-blind crossover comparison with methylphenidate
- Improvement of neurobehavioral disorders in children supplemented with magnesium-vitamin B6.
- Non-Pharmacological Treatments for ADHD in Youth
- Oral Cannabidiol Use in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder to Treat Related Symptoms and Co-morbidities
Sponsors for this Episode:
This episode is sponsored by the Naturally Nourished supplement line: these pure, potent and effective formulas have been hand selected to deliver profound health benefits. We price our formulas 2-5% below market industry standard and competitors and guarantee that our products will always be third party assessed to ensure they are free of mold, toxins, contaminants, and contain the stated active ingredients in dosages noted.
Use code ALI15 for 15% off your first Naturally Nourished Supplement Order!
This episode is also sponsored by Santa Cruz Medicinals, makers of potent and affordable CBD with effective dosing. For more information check out www.scmedicinals.com and use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off your order.