Are you dealing with symptoms of estrogen dominance such as bloating, breast tenderness, irregular cycles or moodiness? Wonder if your hormones are to blame for headaches, anxiety, increased belly fat or even hair loss? Tune in to learn why estrogen dominance is so common, how everyday exposures to things like plastic and perfume can contribute and how you can support optimal hormone balance.
Estrogen dominance is either the excess of estrogen circulating in the body OR the dominance of estrogen due to insufficient countering hormones including progesterone for women and testosterone for men. This hormonal imbalance is especially common when dealing with rapid weight gain or weight loss, hormonal birth control use and exposure to toxins and endocrine disruptors and can impact women at any stage from cycling to menopausal as well as men. Tune in to learn about the symptoms and causes of estrogen dominance and how to reduce exposures in your day to day life. Plus we walk you through our Estrogen Dominance Protocol and detail supplement, lifestyle and food-as-medicine recommendations.
Also in this episode:
- New Supplement Additions: COMING SOON!
- Women’s Flora
- CoQ10 Complex
- Next Level Keto – Starts April 12th
- May Keto Program Starts May 5th
- Episode 116: Endocrine Disruptors and Estrogen Overload
- Symptoms of Estrogen Dominance
- Causes of Estrogen Dominance
- Reducing Estrogen Dominance
- Why You Need a Multivitamin
- MultiAvail Mama: For those trying to conceive, pregnant or breastfeeding, dealing with PCOS, endometriosis, loss of cycle (amenorrhea) or recovering from birth control
- Multidefense with iron: For those ages 12+ and having a regular menstrual cycle but not looking to conceive within a year
- Multidefense: For those in menopause or age 50+ with 12 months of absent menstrual cycles, for men
- Lifestyle Support for Balancing Estrogen Levels
- Avoid Xenoestrogens & Plastics
- Support Detox
- Reduce Phytoestrogens (soy)
- Ensure Bowel Regularity
- Assess for Dysbiosis
- Maintain Healthy Body Composition
- Limit Caffeine
- Estrogen Dominance Protocol : NEW!
- BroccoDetox 1 capsule twice daily with food
- Reset Restore Renew Detox pack 1 at bed + semi-annual 10 Day Detox
- Phytofiber 1-2 tsp 5x/wk, may mix into coconut yogurt, protein shake, oats, etc.
- Relax and Regulate 1.5 scoops at bed
- B-Complex 1 at rise
- If under high stress or mismanagement of stress add:
- Neurohormone Panel – Test your hormones at home!
- Food As Medicine for Estrogen Dominance
- Reduced formation of depurinating estrogen–DNA adducts by sulforaphane or KEAP1 disruption in human mammary epithelial MCF-10A cells
- Sulforaphane Bioavailability from Glucoraphanin-Rich Broccoli: Control by Active Endogenous Myrosinase
- Ovulation induction with myo-inositol alone and in combination with clomiphene citrate in polycystic ovarian syndrome patients with insulin resistance.
- Flavonoid inhibition of aromatase enzyme activity in human preadipocytes
- Anti-aromatase effect of resveratrol and melatonin on hormonal positive breast cancer cells co-cultured with breast adipose fibroblasts
- Lignans and flavonoids inhibit aromatase enzyme in human preadipocytes
- Effect of Myoinositol and Antioxidants on Sperm Quality in Men with Metabolic Syndrome
Sponsors for This Episode:
This episode is sponsored by the Naturally Nourished supplement line: these pure, potent and effective formulas have been hand selected to deliver profound health benefits. We price our formulas 2-5% below market industry standard and competitors and guarantee that our products will always be third party assessed to ensure they are free of mold, toxins, contaminants, and contain the stated active ingredients in dosages noted.
This episode is also sponsored by Wild Foods, a company that puts quality, sustainability, and health first in all of their products. They have everything from coffee to turmeric to medicinal mushrooms, and every single product is painstakingly sourced from small farms around the globe. They take their mission seriously to fix the broken food system, and believe real food is medicine. They’ve partnered with us to give you guys an exclusive discount, so use the code ALIMILLERRD for 12% off your order at WildFoods.co!