Whether you are on a statin, dealing with arrhythmia or trying to conceive, you’re going to want to listen to this jam packed episode all about CoQ10! CoQ10 is an antioxidant that is produced endogenously (meaning it can be made in the body) that plays a vital role in cardiovascular health, prevention of oxidative stress, regulation of inflammation and fertility. Tune in to hear Ali and Becki discuss the difference between ubiquinone and ubiquinol as well as considerations for supplementation and best food sources of CoQ10.
In this episode Ali and Becki break down the function of CoQ10 in the body from supporting the heart, kidneys and skeletal muscles to its essential role in preserving fertility in men and women and so much more. We also cover concerns for myocarditis and the shmaxxmine and how CoQ10 has shown improvement in this condition. Plus learn about CoQ10 rich food sources and why you need to be eating more organs!
Also in this episode:
- Episode 85: 3 Micronutrients: Asparagine, CoQ10, Zinc
- What is CoQ10?
- Micronutrient Panel
- The Truth About Ubiquinone vs. Ubiquinol and Bioavailability
- Benefits of CoQ10
- Symptoms of CoQ10 Deficiency
- Why Statin Drugs Deplete CoQ10
- Cardiovascular Health
- The effect of coenzyme Q10 on morbidity and mortality in chronic heart failure: results from Q-SYMBIO: a randomized double-blind trial
- Effect of coenzyme Q10 therapy in patients with congestive heart failure: a long-term multicenter randomized study
- Atorvastatin Decreases the Coenzyme Q10 Level in the Blood of Patients at Risk for Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke
- Effect of coenzyme Q10 on the incidence of atrial fibrillation in patients with heart failure
- Coenzyme Q10 in essential hypertension
- Coenzyme Q10 in Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases: Current State of the Problem
- Coenzyme Q10 restores oocyte mitochondrial function and fertility during reproductive aging
- Coenzyme Q10 and male infertility: a meta-analysis
- Antioxidant supplements and semen parameters: An evidence based review
- Pretreatment with coenzyme Q10 improves ovarian response and embryo quality in low-prognosis young women with decreased ovarian reserve: a randomized controlled trial
- Neurological Health
- Energy & Exercise Recovery
- Effects of coenzyme Q10 on arterial stiffness, metabolic parameters, and fatigue in obese subjects: a double-blind randomized controlled study
- The effects of coenzyme Q10 supplementation on performance during repeated bouts of supramaximal exercise in sedentary men
- Antifatigue effects of coenzyme Q10 during physical fatigue
- Coenzyme Q10 for Prevention of Anthracycline-Induced Cardiotoxicity – Kenneth A. Conklin, 2005
- Apparent partial remission of breast cancer in ‘High Risk’ patients supplemented with nutritional antioxidants, essential fatty acids and Coenzyme Q10
- Partial and Complete Regression of Breast Cancer in Patients in Relation to Dosage of Coenzyme Q10
- Coenzyme Q10 (PDQ®) – PDQ Cancer Information Summaries – NCBI Bookshelf
- Oxidative stress correlates with headache symptoms in fibromyalgia: coenzyme Q₁₀ effect on clinical improvement
- Oral coenzyme Q10 supplementation improves clinical symptoms and recovers pathologic alterations in blood mononuclear cells in a fibromyalgia patient
- Coenzyme Q(10): a novel therapeutic approach for Fibromyalgia? case series with 5 patients
- Can coenzyme q10 improve clinical and molecular parameters in fibromyalgia?
- Increased oxidative stress and coenzyme Q10 deficiency in juvenile fibromyalgia: amelioration of hypercholesterolemia and fatigue by ubiquinol-10 supplementation
- Exclusive: Athlete Who Recovered From COVID Facing ‘Very Different Future’ After Second Dose of Pfizer Vaccine Triggers Myocarditis • Children’s Health Defense
- CDC Advisory Committee Will Meet to Discuss Reports of Myocarditis in Young People After COVID Vaccines • Children’s Health Defense
- The protection of coenzyme Q10 against experimental viral myocarditis in mice
- Antioxidant effects of coenzyme Q10 on experimental viral myocarditis in mice
- Why You Need to Eat More Organs!
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by the Naturally Nourished supplement line: these pure, potent and effective formulas have been hand selected to deliver profound health benefits. We price our formulas 2-5% below market industry standard and competitors and guarantee that our products will always be third party assessed to ensure they are free of mold, toxins, contaminants, and contain the stated active ingredients in dosages noted.
This episode is also sponsored by FOND Bone Broth Tonics, Your Sous Chef in a Jar. FOND is slow simmered and lovingly tended from simmer to seal. They partner with organic farms and hand-pick and pair ingredients to optimize absorption and taste. Use code ALIMILLERRD to save at fondbonebroth.com.