Could you be B-Vitamin deficient? Curious about the different B family vitamins and what they do in the body? Want to know more about assessment for deficiency and supplementation? Tune in to hear a deep dive on B vitamins, from what they are and what they do in the body, how to get them in the diet, and when to consider supplementation.
In this episode, we cover the 8 different B Vitamins and walk through each one, from symptoms of deficiency, to function in the body, to best food sources. B vitamins are often burned out under stress, alcohol consumption, and with gut malabsorption as well as dysbiosis. Learn about how B-Vitamin status is impacted by methylation, how to assess deficiency, and even why your B Complex might turn your pee yellow!
Also in this episode:
- $50 off 12 Week Keto Program with code KETOFAM50
- $10 off 12 Week Keto Meal Plan with code KETOFAM10
- LIVE 10 Day Detox Starts 7/15, sign up here
- What Do B Vitamins Do?
- How High Dose Biotin Can Affect Your Thyroid
- Drivers of B Vitamin Deficiency
- The Importance of Methylation
- Testing for MTHFR
- Should I Worry About High Serum B-12?
- Assessing B Vitamin Deficiency
- Concerns for B6 Toxicity
- B Vitamins and Immune Health
- Why is My Pee Bright Yellow?
- Supplementing With B Vitamins
- Food as Medicine Sources of B Vitamins
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by KetoCon! I am so excited to share that I will be speaking at/attending KetoCon Austin on July 8 – 10 this summer! KetoCon is an annual event held at the Palmer Event Center in Austin, TX. It is the largest event in the U.S. focused solely on the science and stories of living a ketogenic diet and lifestyle. It will feature over 50 speakers who are a combination of medical professionals, researchers, bloggers, technology developers, fitness experts and every day people who have used the ketogenic diet and lifestyle to improve their health. For discounted tickets, go to ketocon.org and click on the GET TICKETS button and use the discount code: nourished10 at checkout and receive a 10% discount code on 3-Day General Admission passes.