Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with fibromyalgia? Looking for natural solutions to this chronic pain condition? Tune in to hear us discuss symptoms of fibromyalgia, causes and risk factors, as well as how to treat it with a functional medicine approach!
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Over 6 million Americans suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, 90 percent of whom are women. In this deep dive episode, we discuss the connection of low serotonin to chronic pain, whether or not fibromyalgia is autoimmune, and how conventional approaches fall short. You will learn how a gluten free diet can reduce symptoms, key nutrients to replete when dealing with fibromyalgia, and how adding in exercise can help improve quality of life.
Also in this episode:
- What is Fibromyalgia?
- Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
- How is fibromyalgia diagnosed?
- Causes of fibromyalgia
- Is fibromyalgia considered an autoimmune disease?
- Conventional treatments
- Natural Treatment
- Elimination of Gluten
- Effect of one year of a gluten-free diet on the clinical evolution of irritable bowel syndrome plus fibromyalgia in patients with associated lymphocytic enteritis: a case-control study
- Reduction of Caffeine
- Address Neurotransmitter Imbalance
- Replete Nutritional Deficiencies
- Food as medicine for Fibromyalgia
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D Balanced Blend 1/day
- Lifestyle Changes
- Association of Physical Fitness With Fibromyalgia Severity in Women: The al-Ándalus Project
- An eight-week yoga intervention is associated with improvements in pain, psychological functioning and mindfulness, and changes in cortisol levels in women with fibromyalgia
- Acupuncture in fibromyalgia: a randomized, controlled study addressing the immediate pain response
- Comparison of manual lymph drainage therapy and connective tissue massage in women with fibromyalgia: a randomized controlled trial
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Peak State Coffee, makers of coffee with real health benefits! Are you a coffee drinker seeking a healthier option but don’t want to quit your ritual? Enjoy whole bean coffee infused with adaptogenic mushrooms to boost your brain, support gut health, and balance stress, all while keeping the taste you love. With 500mg lion’s mane, reishi, chaga, and more per serving, you’ll love this delicious coffee that is also that’s chemical free, mold free, non-GMO, and low acid. Go to www.PeakStateCoffee.com/ALIMILLERRD for 20% off and free shipping on two or more bags, use code ALIMILLERRD at checkout.