Can nature be medicine? What is forest bathing? Sure, being in nature feels good, but can it really contribute to improved health outcomes? Tune in to hear us discuss the research supported benefits of spending time in nature, from reduction of cortisol, to improved immune function, to increased antioxidant function and more!
For most of human history, we have evolved and lived in natural environments. Only in recent history have we started to spend the majority of our time in urban spaces, and this may be having a detrimental effect on human health. In this episode, we cover the multitude of reasons you need to get out in nature, how you can creatively bring nature into your daily routine even if you live in a city, and why a forest bathing session might be just what your body needs!
Also in this episode:
- LIVE Keto Starts January 18th
- Why Nature is Medicine
- What is Forest Bathing?
- Research Supported Benefits of Time in Nature
- Decreased stress response
- Immune system regulation
- Enhanced emotional state
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Improved metabolic markers
- Increased antioxidant activity
- The Psychological and Physical Effects of Forests on Human Health: A Systematic Review of Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses
- Effects of forest bathing on pre-hypertensive and hypertensive adults: a review of the literature
- How to Forest Bathe
- Adrenal Rehab Program – Save $100 with code ADRENAL99
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Santa Cruz Medicinals, makers of potent and affordable CBD with effective dosing. For more information check out www.scmedicinals.com and use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off your order.