Are you experiencing an elevated A1C despite your keto diet? Want to know the reasons beyond excessive carbohydrate consumption that your A1C could be elevated? Looking to lower your blood sugar using food as medicine? Tune in to learn what hemoglobin A1C measures, how to interpret fasting and postprandial blood glucose, and how A1C can be elevated based on a multitude of reasons from gum disease to stress and beyond.
In this episode, we break down different ways of assessing blood sugar and how to troubleshoot an elevated A1C value. Even on a squeaky clean keto diet, factors such as gut health, sleep, and inflammation can drive your blood sugar out of whack. Learn how to recognize the cause of your elevated A1C and how to get it under control from the root cause using diet, lifestyle, and supplement strategy.
Also in this episode:
- Episode 99: Ketosis as Medicine
- Episode 206: Diabetes Where We Went Wrong
- Episode 207: Diabetes a Functional Approach
- Episode 209: A Week of My Blood Sugar CGM Experiment
- Women’s Wellness Workshop
- What is A1C?
- Assessment of Blood Sugar Beyond A1C
- Measuring Fasting & Post Prandial Blood Sugar
- What’s Elevating My A1C?
- Gum Disease and Oral Health
- Gut Health and H. Pylori
- How Alcohol Affects A1c
- Overweight and Obesity
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Santa Cruz Medicinals, makers of potent and affordable CBD with effective dosing. For more information check out www.scmedicinals.com and use code ALIMILLERRD for 15% off your order.