We hear about electrolytes all the time, but what exactly are they? What happens when electrolytes are out of balance? Where should you start with electrolyte replenishment? Tune in to hear us cover best food sources of electrolytes, why salt is GOOD for you, and what we think about some of the leading electrolyte products on the market.
In this episode, we discuss symptoms and drivers of electrolyte imbalance as well as why it is important to lead with food first when it comes to electrolyte replacement! Learn about the delicate balance of hydration, what intercellular and extracellular fluid mean, and how you can get more salt in the diet. Plus learn about our favorite electrolyte rich recipes for staying balanced and hydrated!
Also in this episode:
- FREE Back to School Webinar 8/17 Sign Up Now!
- Food as Medicine for the Whole Family $100 Off with code BACKTOSCHOOL
- What are electrolytes?
- Symptoms of electrolyte imbalance
- Causes of imbalance
- Why keto can drive electrolyte imbalance
- The balancing act of hydration, intercellular vs. extracellular water
- Food sources of electrolytes
- Why salt is GOOD for you!
- How to get more salt into your diet
- Is electrolyte supplementation necessary?
- Signs you’ve overdone it on electrolytes
- Food as medicine for electrolyte support
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by FOND Bone Broth Tonics, Your Sous Chef in a Jar. FOND is slow simmered and lovingly tended from simmer to seal. They partner with organic farms and hand-pick and pair ingredients to optimize absorption and taste. Use code ALIMILLERRD to save at fondbonebroth.com.