Are you or a loved one dealing with depression, anxiety or mental illness? Are you looking for natural solutions? Want to know how eliminating gluten, balancing blood sugar, or going keto can help? Tune in to hear us discuss the role of inflammation in brain dysfunction and how you can use diet to support mental health
An estimated 20-30% of adults experience some form of mental illness with those numbers steadily increasing from 2020 on, especially among 18-24 year olds. Whether you or someone you know deals with anxiety, depression or another mental health diagnosis, this episode provides practical information on how to remove inflammatory foods, balance blood sugar, and use a Mediterranean ketogenic approach to support balanced mood and beyond!
Also in this episode:
- Episode 222: The Depression Immune Connection
- Harnessing the HPA-axis
- Why inflammation drives brain dysfunction
- The gluten mental health connection
- Why corn is not a great substitute for gluten
- Thoughts on dairy and mental illness
- The importance of carb control and blood sugar balance
- Ketosis for mental health
- The use of the ketogenic diet in the treatment of psychiatric disorders
- The Ketogenic Diet for Refractory Mental Illness: A Retrospective Analysis of 31 Inpatients
- The Current Status of the Ketogenic Diet in Psychiatry
- Exogenous Ketone Supplements Reduce Anxiety-Related Behavior in Sprague-Dawley and Wistar Albino Glaxo/Rijswijk Rats.
- Anti-Anxiety Diet Bundle use code ANXIETY15 for 15% off
- LIVE Food-as-Medicine Ketosis Program use code KETO100 for $100 off
- Stress manager bundle for mental health support as initial supplement strategy
- Digestaid enzymes for dining out and to reduce gluten sensitivity if exposed
- EPA-DHA Liquid or EPA-DHA capsules for omega-3 anti-inflammatory boost and to offset omega-6 ratio
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by Carnivore Snax, a delicious snack combining just 2 ingredients: meat and Redmond Real Salt! These melt-in-your-mouth meat pastries are like no other dehydrated meat product or jerky on the market. We love that Carnivore Snax are a pro-America brand who sources from US farmers practicing regenerative agriculture and are verified by the Savory Institute confirming their carbon sequestering status. Check out the ribeye, pork loin, brisket and leg of lamb for just a few of our favorites! Use code ALIMILLERRD to save 15% off your order and get free shipping on $125 or more at carnivoresnax.com.