Are you curious about genetic risk factors for breast cancer? Want to know how you can influence genes like BRCA and COMT? Looking for a deep dive on estrogen metabolism? Tune in to hear us cover updates on breast cancer, risk factors, and functional approaches to breast health.
In this episode, we discuss Ali’s work on an NIH study back in 2015 and what has changed since then in the world of breast cancer research and prevention. Learn why supporting detoxification is so important, why flax seeds are superior to soy, and why lymphatic drainage and breast massage need to become a part of your regular routine!
Also in this episode:
- 12 Week Keto Meal Plans
- 10 Day Detox
- Episode 6: Breast Cancer Prevention
- Episode 233: Estrogen Dominance
- Episode 280: Why You Need Estrogen
- Episode 281: Estrogen Concerns and updates on Estrogen Dominance
- Ali’s work on the NIH Breast Cancer Study
- The Hormone Breast Cancer Connection
- Concerns with Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Deep Dive on Estrogen Metabolites
- Why Supporting Detox is So Important
- The COMT Estrogen Connection
- Flax Seeds and Estrogen Metabolism
- Supplementation with flaxseed alters estrogen metabolism in postmenopausal women to a greater extent than does supplementation with an equal amount of soy 1-3
- BRCA and Why Epigenetics Matter
- Breast Massage
- Collette’s Breast Oil NEED LINK
- Episode 175 Let’s Talk About Sex with Guest Susan Bratton
- Food as Medicine for Cancer Prevention
Sponsors for this episode:
This episode is sponsored by FOND Bone Broth Tonics, Your Sous Chef in a Jar. FOND is slow simmered and lovingly tended from simmer to seal. They partner with organic farms and hand-pick and pair ingredients to optimize absorption and taste. Use code ALIMILLERRD to save at fondbonebroth.com.