Lemon Lime Adrenal Gummies
LEMON LIME ADRENAL GUMMIES
FOOD AS MEDICINE:
Vitamin C is a must for healthy adrenal function. When adrenals pump out cortisol, there’s a stronger demand for vitamin C and when vitamin C isn’t available, the adrenals respond with excessive cortisol output until the gland becomes dysfunctional or can no longer produce ample amounts. When the cortisol drops, the body responds with more inflammation. This can be seen with more histamine reactivity in the form of seasonal allergies and food sensitivities. Beyond cortisol, vitamin C is needed to produce all of the adrenal gland’s steroid hormones and acts as an antioxidant, thus protecting the adrenal cortex. Supporting healthy vitamin C levels in the body also ensures a healthy immune system, which can take quite a tax under chronic stress, leading to colds, viruses, and autoimmune disease.
Juice of 6 lemons (about ½ cup)
Juice of 4 limes
1 ½ cups coconut water
1 Tablespoon raw local honey, optional
pinch sea salt
2 Tablespoons Vital Proteins Gelatin
4 capsules Bio-C Plus
- Mix together the lemon and lime juice, coconut water, honey and sea salt until combined. You should have about 2 cups of liquid total.
- Place 1 cup of the mixture in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. In the meantime, sprinkle the remaining half of the mixture with the gelatin and mix until dissolved.
- When the saucepan is just bubbling (not boiling), remove from heat and add to the remaining mixture.
- Open the Vitamin C capsules and incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds (like these cute gummy bear ones!) or into a shallow glass dish. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set, at least 3 hours or overnight.
Makes 12 one-inch servings
Nutrition facts serving: 23 Calories, 0g Fat, 5g Carbohydrates, 2g Protein
Listen to our podcast to learn about the signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue and our treatment approach!
Check out our blog post on adrenal fatigue to learn more about supporting your adrenals with Food-As-Medicine!